This has been my year of cheesecakes. I can’t seem to stop baking them. This white chocolate cheesecake is divine and a complete crowd-pleaser. Simple ingredients that you need to just throw together and let the cream cheese do its magic. What makes it even more pleasing is the variety of toppings you can pair it with. Strawberries, lemon curd or even a dash of cocoa will be spectacular.
You can check all other cheesecake recipes here. Trust me, there is one for everyone. Pumpkin, a classic baked version, caramel bars, Japanese cotton cheesecake, hell I even have a cheat’s version for you.
Ingredients for the White chocolate cheesecake:
Like any cheesecake, this one too has two parts to it. One, the base and the other, the filling. While you can make the base with digestive or graham crackers if those are available to you, you can entertain a slight variation by using chocolate cookies for this one. Oreos will work great or any chocolate biscuit of your choice will do.
For the filling, you need white chocolate and cream cheese like the name suggests. Eggs, cream, lemon juice, some vanilla and you’re done.
This cheesecake tastes complete on its own but I couldn’t help but dust it with some cocoa powder before serving. It seemed to balance out the flavours perfectly.
Follow me on Instagram to see daily updates from my kitchen.
White Chocolate Cheesecake:
For the base :
150 gms Oreo Biscuits, powdered
50 gms butter, melted
For the filling :
300 gms white chocolate
400gms cream cheese
1/2 cup milk cream
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cocoa powder, to dust on top
- Start by lining an 8 inch loose-bottomed, round tin with butter paper. Grease the sides of the pan. Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- Mix the melted butter and powdered biscuits together in a bowl, until they resemble crumbs.
- Tip the crumbs onto the base of the prepared tin. Press the crumbs with the back of a spoon to make a smooth base. Refrigerate it while you get the filling ready.
- To make the filling, roughly break the white chocolate into pieces. Put it in a saucepan and melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water. Stir occasionally until all the chocolate has melted. Set aside and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients for the filling.
- Using a whisk or an electric beater, whip the ingredients together until you have a smooth batter. Stir in the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Pour the batter over the chilled biscuit base. Put to bake in a preheated oven at 150 for 1 hr.
- When the cheesecake has baked, the sides will be firm with the centre just about set.
- Leave the oven door slightly open and let the cheesecake cool down completely. Once cool, leave in the fridge to set completely.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the outside ring of the pan. Dust cocoa on the top of the cheesecake and serve.